Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Cue the Holidays!

Yesterday, I went to South-Eastern Europe University (SEE) in Tetovo to give a presentation about American holidays. One of my friends here, Aide, teaches a class there about American culture and she asked me to help out. Although it took all Monday to prepare the PowerPoint presentation, everything went well and I think the students enjoyed it. Even better, there were a couple students in the class who live in Gostivar and want to get together for coffee sometime! Yay new friends!

The presentation itself was pretty funny to me, primarily because I was describing things that every American knows. Sample: “Santa Claus is a fat jolly guy with a white beard in a red suit. He lives at the North Pole with Mrs. Claus. He supervises a team of elves at his toy workshop. His primary mode of transportation is a sleigh pulled by flying reindeer.” Also, when describing Thanksgiving, I put a picture of Scott and Rachel’s work friend, Justin, doing the dishes. “In America, MEN know how to WASH DISHES. And they actually DO it. Revolutionary, I know.”

Tomorrow is Thanksgiving. Don’t cry for me, Argentina, because I’ll be going to a big PC-sponsored feast in Veles, the city where the trainees (soon-to-be-volunteers!) are training. HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Go easy on the turkey, says the vegan. I am so thankful for all my friends and family. I love you!

1 Comments:

At 10:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey lizabbett, saw a page listed in a friends profile at www.SchoolBuddies.com. that talked about alumnus and somehow sent me here. How long ago did you set up this site? ttyl

 

Post a Comment

<< Home