Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Picture: Sebajete's New Job

Picture: Sebajete's New Job

Last week when I was in Skopje, I had a free afternoon so I went to visit
my friend Sebajete at her new job. Sebajete is a member of the
organization that I was working with in Gostivar and, generally speaking,
a rock star. She had been doing some consulting work with a Swedish
agricultural association that has an office here, and they finally offered
her a permanent position (which is a big deal since about half of this
country is unemployed, and I'm not talking about the stay-at-home moms).
Her new office and the people that work there are great. Although everyone
there speaks English, she paraded me around and introduced me as "the
American who speaks perfect Albanian and perfect Macedonian, so don't
speak to her in English." And luckily, the people at her office don't have
very strong dialects, so I could maintain the facade of being trilingual.
Tricked ya!

As far as my mid-service medical exam goes, I'm fine. The dental exam
wasn't too scary, although I was a little put off by the coughing hygenist
and the smoky-smelling dentist. But still no cavities! I'm doing Dr.
Whittington proud, I'm sure. And I must amend my previous post: I get to
have another dental cleaning at close of service. Don't want Peace Corps
on my case for libel. Which reminds me...

_______________________________________________________________
Save rainforest for free with a Planet-Save.com e-mail account:
http://www.planet-save.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home