Friday, March 18, 2005

The Answer

I would like to thank all of you have been playing along at home, but the answer is...

They are all things that I wash in my shower!


The Answer

That's right folks, I've gone Kramer. When you have a small kitchen sink, no washing machine, REALLY dirty spinach and no hot water in the bathroom sink (and scalding hot water in the kitchen sink), there's only one thing to do: hit the shower.

I was just amused by my own vegetarian ridiculousness the other day when I bought a pound (half kilo, really) of spinach and tried to wash it. I rinsed it, scrubbed it, soaked it in saltwater, soaked it in vinegarwater, and rinsed it again. (Lemme tell ya, appreciate that triple-washed,
pre-bagged spinach!) Then I cooked it, and it shrank to the size of a tennis ball. All in all, it was two days of work for a single-serving side dish. And there was still some grit.

As for the dishrack, my landlords bequeathed me a formerly-white-but-now-kind-of-mottled-brown souvenir of the former Yugoslavia. I'm too cheap to buy a new dishrack, so I assaulted this one with various caustic substances that I am sure have been outlawed in the US for decades.

With regard to the bedsheet (and all my laundry, for that matter) it hangs out in the red tub pictured above.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home